Sunday, June 11, 2006

I'd rather go to hell than texas...ok, not really...

Davey Crockett, why?!? Tennessee has so few heros to cling to and I have to ask the question, why did you leave our beautiful home to die in Texas? If I watched the Alamo, I might know the answer but for the time being, I must sit and simply wonder. Why do I mention this? I am in Texas and quite frankly, I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's flat, it's absurdly hot, and everything here is either dirt or concrete and it just radiates all day long. Dallas is this gigantic mess of capilatlism, sterile, hot, and seriously overcrowded. This friend of mine is always talking about wanting to move to Dallas, but I tell you, if you're reading this, think again!!! It sucks!!! Austin is a lot like Nashville which is actually kind of nice, and Amarillo completely sucks as well. I'm sorry if this sounds completely cranky on my behalf but I seriously don't like Texas. Okay, I'm through venting.

The tour has been great, however, as the band is really connecting both on stage and off and the crowds have been the best we've seen since we started. The highlight has been Austin as we played at a place called Stubbs; simply great BBQ in the restaurant and the show just felt terrific start to finish. We had a cello player sit in with us and the whole vibe was fresh and exciting. This is the only, I repeat, ONLY redeeming quality I've found in Texas. We drive to Arizona tomorrow and then head north and eventually east. Fun times, indeed.

I guess that's about it, I just wanted to leave a bit of an update. I have been working through some issues with a bit more meat and will put up some new posts in our coming days off. I hope everyone is well; feel free to drop a line. Cheers!

5 comments:

Biz said...

(I'm a friend of Sarah's)
I'm from Dallas.
hehe. Now living in Boston for exactly those reasons. :)

Sarah, too, has a strong distaste for all things Texas (other than me, of course!).
:)

Haley said...

I am so with you, Whit. I am not a fan of Texas.

emily said...

did you eat at the big texan in amirillo??? that is a highlight! hope you are enjoying the daily surprises!!!

Cafe Evoke Catering said...

..and you wonder why they are always going around saying "God Bless Texas"

..be bold.

Sarah said...

I'm so glad we are on the same page with Texas...

I'm ready for another blog entry...:)